is a hard wearing, ceramic clear coat for superior resistance to scratching (9H) and protection from chemical etching due to environmental impacts.
The Opti-Coat pre-polymer cross links, and forms a continuous protective film on the painted surface it is applied to, similar to a single component isocyanate that forms a clear coat finish.
Opti-Coat has better chemical resistance, scratch & mar resistance, and release properties than any automotive paint coating in use. It provides permanent protection for all modern factory paints and can also be used to protect metal and hard plastic surfaces.
Ceramic Paint Protection package now delivers even more gloss and slickness than ever before, while still maintaining the same chemical structure that has made it renowned as the ultimate protective paint coating.
The advanced formulation not only delivers amazing gloss and protection, it also provides increased anti water spotting and hydrophobic properties to maintain the perfect finish in the long term.
Opti-Coat Pro Plus is an enhanced 2 step version of Opti-Coat Pro. The first step, Opti-Coat Pro, is a ceramic clear coating with superior resistance to scratching, chemical etching, fading due to UV and provides outstanding release properties. Opti-Coat Pro Plus adds great gloss and slickness for a fantastic shine and long term paint protection with a 7 year warranty.
One of the most important features in keeping your vehicle clean is the ability of the protective layer to release water. Opti-Coat features a low sliding angle which allows water drops to release easily causing an extreme lotus affect.
Opti-Coat has developed a reputation among professionals as the richest, deepest, highest gloss coating available. It is important to note that proper depth and gloss is achieved with proper correction and polishing by an experience detailer with a passion for what they do. However after they have invested countless hours in their craft, it is only fitting to both protect their work long term and add that extra rich depth of the Opti-Coat coating available.
They come in all shapes and sizes. Many are highly acidic and can wreak havoc on your paint! They impact the front of your vehicle at high speed and as their body’s explode the acidic contents spills out onto your paint. Within minutes it can eat through a layer of traditional wax before it dries and bonds hard to the surface in the heat of the sun. If the bug is highly acidic it will begin the process of etching into your clearcoat in a matter of hours. Each time it is exposed to moisture more acids are released and eventually you have permanent damage to your paint.
With 3µm of Opti-Coat between the bugs and your paint they can no longer cause permanent damage to your paint. To start with the coating is resistant to acids and its rare any mark will be left on the coating with reasonable washing schedules. In the rare case a bug does leave something behind you can be rest assured your paint is still safe beneath the coating.
As we touched on previously: dust, dirt, and contaminants do not bond to your Opti-Coat barrier in the way they do to paint with only a coat of wax or sealant applied. Any dirt or dust that does attach to the coating is MUCH more easily removed upon the next wash without having to scrub or clay the vehicle. Opti-Coat offers dirt and water shedding abilities beyond that of any other product available. With the self-cleaning affect provided by Opti-Coat, most dirt slides right off during a wash.
Waxes and sealants obviously offer no swirl resistance. When you wash, dry, or touch your paint at any time you have the potential to scratch the surface. The scratches we are talking about here are very fine and referred to as “swirls” but as they build up the level of gloss you see as reflections and depth to your paint withers. These swirls refract light away from your eyes which is the cause of a dulled appearance to your paint.
Opti-Coat has been proven to resist these fine swirls when properly maintained and cared for. It should be noted that no coating is swirl proof and it is important to use only high quality wash mitts and drying towels or a blower.
We highly recommend allowing your Authorized Opti-Coat Installer to either maintain your vehicle or train you in proper wash techniques and provide access for purchase of the incredibly soft and plush CarPro Merino Wool Wash Mitt.
The most dangerous enemy your paint will likely see in its life is bird droppings. They can vary in level of toxicity but it is well known by professionals that a bird dropping can dissolve wax on contact, eat deep into paint, and leave an etching within minutes. With Opti-Coat you have a barrier which resists bird droppings and allows you time to discover and remove them so they cannot cause permanent damage to your paint.
Anybody that has just waxed their car will tell you – within a couple hours they can see the dust building up on it and after a drive that dust is still there. It doesn’t blow off and it does accumulate on the carnauba wax layer. Polymer sealants are a little better and stay cleaner than waxes however they too allow dirt and dust to stick to them. Compared to wax, dust and dirt retention is lowered up to 90% with Opti-Coat. Of course some will gather and collect over time but you will enjoy the beauty of your vehicle between washes when protected by Opti-Coat where as with other products the paint will look dirty faster.
Protection from rail, brake dust, and environmental contaminants:
In the air around us and on the highways, all sorts of contaminants attack your paint. Iron particles coming off the brakes of other vehicles can lodge into your paint and allow moisture to penetrate around them. Over time the oxidation process from moisture and sun break down around these iron particles and eat microscopic holes into your paint. Opti-Coat puts an end to this with a thick barrier that does not allow these contaminants to reach the paint surface and are removed much more easily.
At Optimum Polymer Technologies (OPT) we work closely with car manufacturers, paint manufacturers, and other OEM suppliers to develop the most advanced automotive detailing products in the marketplace. Within this holistic framework, we are fully committed to manufacture these products with the environment in mind. This starts in the developmental stages in our labs and includes the manufacturing process, consumer usage, and finally waste disposal. Optimum Polymer Technologies is dedicated to making your vehicle shine through modern polymers and advanced surface-friendly formulas. We have developed a line of car care products that prolong the beauty of your vehicle with the latest innovations in surface care.
Used and endorsed by auto experts and weekend detailers alike, OPT products are easy to apply and actually optimize water conservation, all in part to preserve the environment. Independent studies have shown that the polymer technology used to create Optimum Car Care Products such as our waxes, washes, and polishes has significantly decreased both the time and effort to detail a vehicle.
Optimum products will exceed your expectations!
The following general terms and conditions apply to any and all Optimum Polymer Technologies Warranty Program products:
1. Warranty term begins from the date of registration of warranty number, activation code, and vehicle details;
2. This agreement excludes vehicles used for commercial purposes at any time previous to, presently, or during the course of this warranty period;
3. Any application, re-application, repair work or other work carried out on the coated surface must be applied, reapplied, or repaired by an authorized Optimum
Polymer Technologies agent after claim approval from Optimum Polymer Technologies;
4. The Optimum Polymer Technologies agent must be notified of any claim due to failure of product performance within 30 days of occurrence;
5. Vehicle must remain continuously registered within the United States for the duration of the warranty; and
6. Warranty is non-transferrable.
Optimum Polymer Technologies, Inc. or its agents will not accept liability for:
1. Deterioration of factory-installed equipment or any other treated part of substandard specification, materials or workmanship by vehicle manufacturer, their dealership, third-party supplier or modifier, or professional detailers not authorized by Optimum Polymer Technologies;
2. Pre-existing damage or deterioration; and/or
3. Any claim for matters which are covered by vehicle manufacturers’ warranty.
Optimum Polymer Technologies warranty for any product will be considered invalid if any of the following general condition occur:
1. Neglect to maintain the vehicle according to the standards and techniques recommended by Optimum Polymer Technologies available on our download page.
2. Damage caused by abrasive compounds and polishes and third-party products;
3. Damage resulting from a collision or other vehicle accidents;
4. Damage, either accidental or malicious, including but not limited to fire, flood, extreme weather conditions, secondary effects that may result from the foregoing, or any other force majeure;
5. Failure to repair and re-treat surfaces subject to accident damage in accordance with the warranty;
6. Damage caused by any alteration or modification to the vehicle surfaces;
7. Damage caused by manufacturer’s defects;
8. Damage to the vehicle prior to product application; and
9. Failure to adhere to any requirements listed under the terms and conditions of this warranty.
1. Opti-Coat Pro Warranty is valid for Five (5) years from the date of application for any vehicle that is Five (5) model years old or newer.
2. Opti-Coat Pro Warranty is valid for Two (2) years from the date of application for any vehicle that is Six (6) model years to Ten (10) model years old.
3. Any vehicle that is older than Ten (10) model years at the time of application cannot be warranted.
Optimum Polymer Technologies warrant to the owner of the nominated vehicle that if the Optimum Clear Coating (Opti-Coat Pro) is unsatisfactory in its performance of protecting the vehicles factory paintwork from oxidation; damage from bird droppings, bug splatter, tree sap; or UV damage, whilst being maintained in accordance with the terms and conditions of this warranty, Optimum Polymer Technologies or its agents will at no cost to the owner repair, clean, and/or retreat the affected area.
Optimum Polymer Technologies, Inc. or its agents shall not accept liability for the following:
1. Deterioration of factory paint work or repaint or any other treated part of substandard specification, materials or workmanship by vehicle manufacturers, their dealerships, third-party suppliers or modifiers, or professional detailers not authorized by Optimum Polymer Technologies;
2. Pre-existing damage or deterioration;
3. Any claim for matters which are covered by vehicle manufacturers’ warranty;
4. Damage caused by manual or automatic wash brushes, contaminated and/or abrasive cloths and sponges, untreated areas due to accident damage and/or their subsequent repairs, and/or damage caused by impact with a foreign object (i.e., stone chips); and
5. Warranty is valid for factory clear-coated systems only and excludes any non-clear-coated or matte finishes.